Monday, January 19, 2009

Back to reality

Well, while it was nice to have a month long vacation, I'm glad that classes started back up today. It is going to be a BUSY semester, but I'm excited for it to start. I figure the sooner it starts, the sooner it will be over. I don't say that in a pessimistic way or anything because I am really enjoying the special ed program, but I'm ready to move on with my life and get a teaching job! I am applying for a special ed position now, but I think it starts mid-year and because I'm technically not certified in special ed yet, I'm not sure if they will even consider my application. But, I'll never know unless I send it in. The same district had this position open a few months ago, so who knows, I may get the job without having certification yet. Even if they just offer me a long term sub position for the rest of the year, I would accept it because I would have a better chance at getting my foot in the door next year. 

My class tonight went well. For some odd, strange reason I cannot accept mediocracy for myself. So, the research class tonight is kind of like 2 classes. You can attend the class and do the assignments listed in the syllabus, or you can do an independent research project. With the second option you don't really need to go to class or do the other assignments listed in the syllabus, but you research a question, get IRB approval, and try getting your study published. Eventually, (if Josh and I ever move away from up here) I would like to get my doctorate so this is a good experience. Of course, because I need to excel I can't just do the "simple" course, I have to do the more complex, in depth, and time consuming course. Oh well!

OK, enough about that and onto some scrapping news! Through Julie over at 52 sketches...52 weeks I have discovered a new paper line that I LOVE! They are called Bella Blvd. and they are offering a fantastic giveaway. Just click here to find the details. OK, it's back to reality tomorrow with subbing and class so it's bed time for this girl. Have a great Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment