Wednesday, April 14, 2010

365Cards-Day 45

On today's agenda...more white space challenges. This one was a struggle because apparently I am triangle impaired. I kept telling myself it was really just like half squares to put together, but I am not a spacial person so I guess I couldn't visualize the squares behind the triangles. Anyway, it's done, and I think it is pretty cute. I figured that since I did a Father's Day card the other day I should make a Mother's Day card today. I did play around with my new SU! toy and emboss the cardstock with one of the texture plates. I'm excited to get my polka dot texture folder so then I can play with that, but until it gets shipped from being on backorder I'm content to play around with the other ones I have.


I hope everyone enjoyed their day today. I was supposed to do some hard-core work in my craft room including cataloging all of my SU! stamp sets, organizing paper, finding storage for my new quilting fabrics, etc, etc. but the weather was so nice that I sat out on the deck for a couple hours reading The Pact by Jodi Picoult. After lunch a friend called me and I went to chat with her for about an hour at a local park. After that relaxing afternoon in the sun I met Josh in Potsdam to look for a new chandelier/light for the dining room. The one that is up now is some hideous, old fashioned ceiling fan. This was the first time in a long time that Josh and I didn't fully agree on something related to decor, so we both had to make some compromises, but all in all I like what we got. Since we had a coupon and a gift card, we also decided to buy three new lamps for the living room. We both really liked what we have, but the cats put a dent in one and we wanted a third lamp anyway now that we have 3 end tables. It was also a good trip because I got First Crush for dinner. I do miss that restaurant now that I don't like in Potsdam anymore.

OK, I'm going to attempt to get to bed at a somewhat normal time to slowly transition myself for when vacation is over next week. Have a great Thursday everyone!

2 comments:

  1. this is so sweet :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous take on this challenge, Erin. Thanks for playing with us again this week at 365 Cards and hope to see more from you!

    Aloha, Kim
    365 Cards Design Team member
    Check out the DAILY challenges!

    ReplyDelete