Thursday, January 19, 2012

Winter Wreath Project

I have another quick and simple project to share today. I had made a Christmas wreath, but I figured it had to come down with the rest of the Christmas decorations. I didn't have another wreath to put up, so it was time I made one! I started with a basic styrofoam wreath frame that I picked up at a craft store. I also got some pretty blue yarn that I thought worked well for winter. I wrapped and wrapped and wrapped until the whole wreath was covered. I liked the effect, but I didn't love it, so I took some pretty silver ribbon and wrapped it around as well. For the sign I stole a piece of luan from my hubby's scrap pile in the garage, covered it with some Fancy Pants Arctic Chill paper, and used Stickles for the lettering. Adhere a snowflake, and you're good to go! (For the record, I HATE snow, but didn't know what else to write on the wreath, so I chose that. :-))

1 comment: