Sunday, May 2, 2010

Quilting is infuriating...

Or...
I hate my sewing machine
I need to a door to my crafting room
My crafting room is not conducive to quilting

My blog post today could really have many titles. I went to my first ever quilting class yesterday. And let me just say, it's a good thing I teach special ed. and have developed patience otherwise my sewing machine and the fabric I bought would be out in the trash tonight. But with a good teacher and some good friends who have encouraged me to stick with it, I'll give it a little longer. I'm not sure if the sewing machine is the problem, or if it's human error, but the teacher had to come fix my machine about 5 or 6 times yesterday. Apparently it has tension issues....hmm, like sewer, like machine?

Anyway, even though yesterday was National Scrapbook Day and I did participate in lots of challenges at Scrapbook.com. (And even won one...YAHOO!) I don't have anything scrappy to show you. I did submit a layout to them, but it's not quite posting quality yet, so you'll just have to wait! I do have part of the quilt that I'm working on to show you.


You do have to use your imagination a little bit, but the two white points in the center will eventually form a star. Once I have two more blocks done similar to these, I will put them on the bottom to finish the star. That will form 1 unit. Once I have the 1 unit done, I just need to make 29 more...HAHAHA. It's going in my living room so it doesn't have to be perfect, but I do want it to look somewhat decent. Oh well, maybe this quilt will be done by next winter.

I promise I'll try to be better this week about posting throughout the week, but it's a crazy week at school, so no promises. Have a great Monday!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Erin it's looking good :) I like the colours you've chosen, it will look great in the end!
    I'm going to try quilting once I have a bit more time... probably in a few years lol

    ReplyDelete