Monday, May 10, 2010

Bad blogger, bad!

OK, so once again a week (well, a little more than a week) has passed and I didn't blog once. :-( I don't even really think I have an excuse. Last week was busy, but in a good way because it made the week fly by. This week I anticipate being less busy, which in a way, makes me sad because I'm worried it won't go by as fast.

I hope everyone had a great weekend, mine definitely was! On Friday I went to a baby shower scrapbook night for one of the regulars of our scrappy group and on Saturday we had a scrapbook day at my friend's house. It made for a weekend full of scrappy goodness. :-) Unfortunately on Saturday I started to feel very congested and by this morning it had moved into my chest leaving me with a lovely sounding cough. I went home from work early and have spent much of the day on the couch or chair.

OK, since I made you sit through all of that, I should at least reward you with two layouts that I did this weekend.
Sketch is by PageMaps:

This layout I did for the NSD All Week Challenge at Scrapbook.com. The challenge was to create a layout that wasn't based on a person or pet. I used pictures of my espresso machine, coffee cup, and espresso and syrup flavors. The journaling reads"
Student: "Mrs. McLear, you should drink coffee every morning."
Me: "Why is that?"
Student: "Because you were in a really good mood today!"

It was at that moment, I knew I was a... caffeine addict.

Sketch is by Creative Scrappers:

I am in love with this layout. I have never used Webster pages before, but I think I am starting to fall in love with them. I used a picture that was of me and my grandfather at my wedding almost 4 years ago. This is the last picture that I have of just me and my grandfather before he passed away. I originally planned on doing a lot of journaling about what he meant to me, etc... but I think the title that I made stand out in the corner of Celebrate Life is perfect. I'll use another picture of my grandfather to document all of my thoughts now that he is gone. I love this layout because I still managed to incorporate bold, bright colors with a very vintage paper.

That's all for now, and I promise I will post again this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment