Monday, September 24, 2012

Name changes and more

I'm home today with a sick kiddo, and I started thinking. I really want to become a better blogger, but sometimes I just don't have any new scrapbooking projects to show. Lately, I have definitely been more of a crafter than a scrapbooker. I think I may change the name of the blog to reflect that. I am bouncing around a couple ideas, but if you have any, leave a comment!

With that out of the way, here is the latest craft I have been working on.












Josh and I got different sized boards at Home Depot, he cut them in half, sanded them, and stained them. I cut out the stencils using my beloved Cameo and because I was exhausted and not feeling well, the hubby aligned them and painted. After it all dried, I rolled rosettes until I thought my hands would fall off and hot glued them to the heart. I LOVE how it turned out...pun intended! But, even better, the bride loved how it turned out. I definitely CANNOT take full credit for this gorgeous piece though. The original tutorial was from Shanty 2 Chic and can be found here.

This was a combined shower/wedding present and since she knew about the sign at the wedding, I wanted to surprise her with a little something extra. So, I got some dish towels at Walmart, ironed on some Heat n Bond Ultra Hold to the back, and once again, turned to my trusty Cameo. Once more with the iron, and viola, monogrammed dish clothes! So easy, and so great looking. I'm definitely thinking Christmas gifts with how quick, easy, and cheap it was!

No comments:

Post a Comment