Saturday, August 28, 2010

1 layout and a card

Hey everyone! I hope you are enjoying what is left of summer. The temps in upstate NY had started to drop, but this week they are back in the mid to upper 80s. Just in time for me to go back to school! Anyway, I have one layout and a card to share with you today.

This week at Practical Scrappers, we were challenged to use lace cardstock. Although I have some in my stash, I had never used it and was a little worried to. I instantly knew I wanted to do a card and wanted to use this bright purple (although it looks light in the picture) against black cardstock. The only problem, I could not find any patterned paper that had both black and purple! I knew I had a piece, and I couldn't find it! I finally found it in my scraps folder after almost scrapping the whole idea and changing my mind. I wanted to keep in plain and simple with the pattern from the lace and the stripes in the patterned paper. I stamped the image on black cardstock and then used some rhinestones to bling it up a little.


My layout was for sketch Friday at Practical Scrappers. It's based on a sketch by the talented Pia. The journaling reads, "Josh had the opportunity to play golf at the resort in Punta Cana. Even with rental clubs and flip flops he still managed to shoot an 84. The paper is from a relatively new company, Echo Park...I LOVE their papers. So bright and fun!

Thanks for looking and have a fantastic weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment