Monday, November 28, 2011

Sketchy Thursday

Hey everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I went and had Thanksgiving dinner with my family for the first time in 5 or 6 years. Josh has always been on call, so we haven't been able to get down there for Turkey Day. It was nice to spend it with them, and it was special to have our first Thanksgiving as a family of 3. Being in a bigger city for all of the Black Friday sales was nice too. ;-)

Anyway, here is my take on the latest Sketchy Thursday sketch. This sketch brought me way outside of my comfort zone! I had started it last week, and just couldn't get inspired so I tried waiting. Then I got back to it tonight, and actually stopped to look at other sketches to see if what I had started would work with any of them. Finally I sucked it up, kept playing around with different things, and actually came up with an endresult that I LOVE! Many of the products I used were from the November Boys Rule Scrapbook Kit. This is the other kit club that I was talking about in one of my last posts. Having a little boy to scrapbook can be hard, especially in a scrapbook world of flowers and other girly embellishments. I also am not into the typical "boy" products of transportation and sports. This is where Laura Lee comes in. She creates a kit each month filled with amazing boy products!


Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

  1. Loveeeeeeee this!! LOVING that photo and the gears!!! Great masking too! Thanks so much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete