Sunday, November 20, 2011

Bad blogger!

I am really awful at this whole blogging this. First, it was because I wasn't scrapping much. I went through a phase where I didn't like anything I made and I was comparing everything I was creating against my friends. And I happen to scrap with some pretty awesome scrappers, so I was in a scrappin' funk! Then I was scrapping more, butI haven't had the time (read: too lazy) to take pictures or upload them.

I have also been adjusting to my new life of full time working momma. And it's hard! I am still trying to figure out how to balance work, a baby, a husband, and the house. I feel like I am usually behind in one or more areas of my life and am always playing catch up. But, I am learning that it's all about priorities. And I need to make myself, Liam, and Josh my priorities. So I am vowing to take more time for myself to scrap and update my blog. With that said, here we go:
This is based off of a sketch from Sweet Peach. It was for a sketch challenge at a retreat I went to back in the middle of October. All of my friends were teasing me that I was scrapping pictures of meat when I should be scrapping a baby, but this was a hard sketch! I didn't have any other pictures I could use for the sketch besides these. And sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do when presented with a challenge. I especially love the title. The border says delicious and then the sticker at the end says meat. I may not have won the challenge, but it still made for a funny afternoon!

This one is loosely based off of an October Afternoon sketch. I flipped it on its side and rearranged a little bit, but I LOVE it! I have really been into to distressed look lately so I used a file to go around the edges and then took some Distress Ink to it. I Glimmer Misted the raw chipboard and also pop dotted the three rectangles, but you can't really tell.

Thanks for looking and have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment