Sunday, June 13, 2010

Sunday

Like my original title...I just didn't have it in me to try and be creative and you'll see why in a minutes. I have another three in one challenge for you today. I combined the "Exercise Machine" challenge from ScrapFit, Curtain Call Color Challenge #34 from Stampin' With Stacey and the sketch challenge from Sketch Inspiration. Trying to make a layout that combined all of those challenges really zapped me from my creative energy, but it was a great because it forced me to go outside of the comfort zone, especially in regards to what colors I put together.

Here is my layout for the three challenges:

As I already said, the sketch was courtesy of Sketch Inspiration.

The challenge from ScrapFit was the use machines. I used my Cricut to cut the oval, I used a punch to round the corners, and I used my Sizzix to emboss the oval.

And finally, the color challenge was the use whisper white, basic gray, sahara sand, dusty durango, and rich razzleberry from SU. I know that Sahara Sand and Rich Razzleberry were both in colors together, but they were hard to put together in big pieces, so I tried to scale it back with those two. Then Basic Grey and Sahara Sand were hard to put together because I usually don't like grey and beige because they clash, so I picked a darker grey. After pulling out ALL of the cardstock and patterned paper I had in these colors and arranging and rearranging, I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out.

Thanks for looking and I hope everyone had a great weekend!

7 comments:

  1. love this, Erin! not sure, Mr. Linky can be temperamenal:) keep tryin'! thanks for sharing this fab page with us at the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout Erin, Love when I can combine a layout for more then one challenge, you ROCKED it girl :)
    Thanks for playin' along with us at ScrapFit :) Don't forget about our mini WO for a Guest DT spot for WO #23...just make a tag :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job with your layout!! Thanks for joining us at the Curtain Call this week!

    ♥♥♥Lea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waht a geat layout Erin, wonderful combination of the colours! Thanks for joining in the fun at Curtain Call this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great layout! Love what you've done with the colors! Thanks for playing along at the Curtain Call this week.

    ReplyDelete